§ 1–325.381. Product Stewardship Fund.
(a) There is established as a special fund the Product Stewardship Fund ("Fund"), which shall be administered by the Mayor in accordance with subsection (c) of this section.
(b) Revenue from the following sources shall be deposited in the Fund:
(1) Permit fees collected pursuant to § 8-233.04;
(2) Civil fines and penalties collected pursuant to § 8-233.06;
(3) Fees collected pursuant to § 8-1041.04;
(4) Civil penalties and fines collected pursuant to § 8-1041.12; and
(5) Fees and fines collected pursuant to § 8-771.10.
(c) Money in the Fund shall be used for the purposes of supporting and administering subchapter II of Chapter 2A of Title 8 , Subtitle B, and Subtitle D.
(d)(1) The money deposited into the Fund shall not revert to unrestricted fund balance of the General Fund of the District of Columbia at the end of a fiscal year, or at any other time.
(2) Subject to authorization in an approved budget and financial plan, any funds appropriated in the Fund shall be continually available without regard to fiscal year limitation.
Applicability of D.C. Law 23-211: § 6 of D.C. Law 23-211 provided that the change made to this section by § 2(p) of D.C. Law 23-211 is subject to the inclusion of the law’s fiscal effect in an approved budget and financial plan. Therefore that amendment has not been implemented.
For temporary (90-day) creation of this section, see § 6003(d) of the Fiscal Year 2018 Budget Support Congressional Review Emergency Act of 2017, effective October 24, 2017 (D.C. Act 22-167; 64 DCR 10802).