§ 4–1901. Immigrant Legal Services Program.
(a) For the purposes of this chapter, the term:
(1) "District immigrant resident" means an immigrant individual who resides in the District of Columbia, regardless of their immigration status, and includes full-time students at post-secondary educational institutions located in the District.
(2) "Legal services" means:
(A) Legal representation of District immigrant residents, including through the provision of legal advice, brief services, and limited-scope representation; or
(B) Training of attorneys in immigration legal issues.
(3) "Legal services provider" means:
(A) A nonprofit organization;
(B) A private entity that partners with a nonprofit organization; or
(C) A private entity utilizing pro bono legal assistance.
(b) There is established an Immigrant Legal Services Program ("Program") to be administered by the Office of Victim Services and Justice Grants ("OVSJG") to provide grants to legal services providers that deliver legal services.
(c) OVSJG, pursuant to subchapter I of Chapter 5 of Title 2, may issue rules to implement the provisions of this subtitle, including rules governing the:
(1) Types of legal services projects eligible for grant funding;
(2) Application process and timing; and
(3) Monitoring of program performance and reporting requirements.