§ 42–2651. Creation.
(a) The Mayor shall establish within the District government, or cause to be provided through one or more non-government entities pursuant to a contract or contracts with the District of Columbia, a Homeownership Counseling Program (“Program”). The Program shall provide:
(1) Information concerning credit ratings, credit management, and credit counseling;
(2) Warnings regarding predatory lending practices;
(3) Information on how to purchase a home;
(4) Information concerning financial resources available to first-time homebuyers in the District of Columbia;
(5) Information concerning financial planning after purchasing a home; and
(6) A compilation and explanation of all federal and District of Columbia tax provisions and public and private programs providing homeownership assistance.
(b) The information required under subsection (a) of this section shall be made available over the Internet and shall be provided to each public library in the District of Columbia.
Section 1101 of D.C. Law 14-114 provided: “The Mayor, pursuant to Title I of the District of Columbia Administrative Procedure Act, approved October 21, 1968 (82 Stat. 1204; D.C. Official Code § 2-501 et seq.), shall promulgate rules to implement this act.”