§ 44–791.01. Hospital support funding.
*NOTE: This section was created by emergency legislation that will expire on June 10, 2021.*
(a) The Mayor may, notwithstanding part B of subchapter XII-A of Chapter 3 of Title 1, and in the Mayor's sole discretion, issue a grant to an eligible hospital; provided, that the eligible hospital submits a grant application in the form and with the information required by the Mayor.
(b) The amount of a grant issued to an eligible hospital shall be based on:
(1) An allocation formula based on the number of beds at the eligible hospital; or
(2) Such other method or formula, as established by the Mayor, that addresses the impacts of COVID-19 on eligible hospitals.
(c) A grant issued pursuant to this section may be expended by the eligible hospital for:
(1) Supplies and equipment related to the COVID-19 emergency, including personal protective equipment, sanitization and cleaning products, medical supplies and equipment, and testing supplies and equipment;
(2) Personnel costs incurred to respond to the COVID-19 emergency, including the costs of contract staff; and
(3) Costs of constructing and operating temporary structures to test individuals for COVID-19 or to treat patients with COVID-19.
(d) The Mayor may issue one or more grants to a third-party grant-managing entity for the purpose of administering the grant program authorized by this section and making subgrants on behalf of the Mayor in accordance with the requirements of this section.
(e) The Mayor shall maintain a list of all grants awarded pursuant to this section, identifying for each award the grant recipient, the date of award, intended use of the award, and the award amount. The Mayor shall publish the list online no later than July 1, 2020, or 30 days after the end of the COVID-19 emergency, whichever is earlier.
(f) The Mayor, pursuant to § 2-505, may issue rules to implement the provisions of this section.
(g) For the purposes of this section, the term:
(1) "COVID-19" means the disease caused by the novel 2019 coronavirus SARS-CoV-2.
(2) "COVID-19 emergency" means the emergencies declared in the Declaration of Public Emergency (Mayor's Order 2020-045) and the Declaration of Public Health Emergency (Mayor's Order 2020-046), declared on March 11, 2020, including any extension of those emergencies.
(3) "Eligible hospital" means a non-profit or for-profit hospital located in the District.