§ 47–2853.171. Scope of practice for real estate salespersons.
For the purposes of this part, the term “real estate salesperson” means any person employed by a licensed real estate broker to manage or lease; rent or offer to lease or rent; list for sale, sell, or offer for sale; buy or offer to buy; negotiate the purchase or sale, or exchange of real estate; or to negotiate a loan on real estate.
1981 Ed., § 47-2853.171.
§ 47–2853.172. Eligibility requirements.
An applicant for licensure as a real estate broker shall establish to the satisfaction of the Board of Real Estate that the applicant:
(1) Is able to read, write, and understand the English language;
(2) Is a high school graduate or the holder of a high school equivalency certificate;
(3) Has successfully completed a course of study prescribed by the Board at a school approved by the Board;
(4) Has passed an examination or examinations given by or under direction of the Board or has passed any other examination acceptable to the Board;
(5) Has not had an application for a real estate license denied, for reasons other than failure to pass the required examination or examinations, in the District or elsewhere within one year prior to the date on which the application is filed;
(6) Has not had a real estate license suspended in the District or elsewhere, which suspension is still in effect on the date on which the application is filed; and
(7) Has not had a real estate license revoked in the District or elsewhere within 3 years prior to the date on which his or her application is filed.
1981 Ed., § 47-2853.172.
§ 47–2853.173. Certain representations prohibited.
Unless licensed under this subchapter, no person shall assume or use the title or designation “real estate salesperson”, the abbreviation “R.E.S.”, or any other title designation, words, letters, abbreviations, sign, card, or device tending to indicate that the person is licensed as a real estate salesperson unless the person is licensed as a real estate salesperson in the District.
1981 Ed., § 47-2853.173.