§ 50–731. Establishment of the low-emissions vehicle program.
(1) Shall establish and maintain a low-emissions vehicle program by adopting California emissions standards and compliance requirements applicable to vehicles of model year 2012, and each model year thereafter, pursuant to section 177 of the Clean Air Act, approved August 7, 1977 (91 Stat. 750; 42 U.S.C. § 7507);
(2) May adopt, by rule, motor vehicle emissions inspection, recall, and warranty requirements;
(3) May work in cooperation with, and enter into agreements with, other states to administer requirements of the program;
(4) Shall work in conjunction with other states to promote and facilitate the regional adoption of similar low-emissions vehicle programs; and
(5) Shall educate the residents of the District on the requirements of any adopted low-emissions vehicle program.
§ 50–732. Prohibition on registering motor vehicles not in compliance.
The Mayor shall not register a motor vehicle that is subject to the provisions of this chapter if the motor vehicle does not comply with this chapter, or any rule promulgated under this chapter.