To require the Department of Employment Services to submit to the Mayor and the Council a report on profiles of the District's unemployed and under-employed residents to aid the District in improving job training for future jobs.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, That this act may be cited as the "Unemployment Profile Act of 2015".
Sec. 2. Unemployment profile report.
(a) Within one year of this act's applicability date, and by June 1 every year thereafter, the Department of Employment Services ("DOES") shall submit to the Mayor and the Council a report that profiles all the unemployed and under-employed residents, employers, and occupational needs in the District.
(b) DOES shall confer with other entities, such as the:
(1) Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development;
(2) Department of Small and Local Business Development;
(3) Workforce Investment Council;
(4) Department of Human Services;
(5) Career Pathways Task Force; and
(6) Federal Bureau of Labor Statistics.
(c) The report shall include, at a minimum:
(1) The profiles of unemployed and under-employed residents 16 years of age and over, including information on the resident's:
(A) Age group;
(B) Ward of residence;
(C) Completed educational levels, including vocational and technical training;
(D) Work experience, work-place readiness, and training potential; and
(E) Any other information DOES considers necessary to meet the objectives of this act;
(2) Existing and future public and private workforce needs for jobs being created in the District; and
(3) Recommendations on how to improve job-training programs and employment outcomes in the District, taking into account the District-wide strategic plan and recommendations of the Career Pathways Task Force.
Sec. 3. Applicability.
(a) This act shall apply upon the date of inclusion of its fiscal effect in an approved budget and financial plan.
(b) The Chief Financial Officer shall certify the date of the inclusion of the fiscal effect in an approved budget and financial plan, and provide notice to the Budget Director of the Council of the certification.
(c)(1) The Budget Director shall cause the notice of the certification to be published in the District of Columbia Register.
(2) The date of publication of the notice of the certification shall not affect the applicability of this act.
Sec. 4. Fiscal impact statement.
The Council adopts the fiscal impact statement in the committee report as the fiscal impact statement required by section 602(c)(3) of the District of Columbia Home Rule Act, approved December 24, 1973 (87 Stat. 813; D.C. Official Code § 1-206.02(c)(3)).
Sec. 5. Effective date.
This act shall take effect following approval by the Mayor (or in the event of veto by the Mayor, action by the Council to override the veto), a 30-day period of congressional review as provided in section 602(c)(1) of the District of Columbia Home Rule Act, approved December 24, 1973 (87 Stat. 813; D.C. Official Code § 1-206.02(c)(1)), and publication in the District of Columbia Register.