§ 1–1163.02. Campaign Finance Board established; duties; enforcement of subchapter.
(a) There is established the Campaign Finance Board, whose purpose shall be to:
(1) Appoint a Director of Campaign Finance, who shall:
(A) Serve at the pleasure of the Campaign Finance Board; and
(B) Be compensated at the maximum rate for Grade 16 of the District Schedule, pursuant to subchapter XI of Chapter 6 of this title;
(2) Annually review the performance of the Director of Campaign Finance;
(3) Administer and enforce the District's campaign finance laws;
(4) Refer alleged violations for prosecution as provided in this subchapter; and
(5) Issue rules related to the District's campaign finance laws.
(b)(1) Where the Campaign Finance Board, following the presentation by the Director of Campaign Finance of evidence constituting an apparent violation of this subchapter, makes a finding of an apparent violation of this subchapter, it shall refer the case for prosecution as provided for in § 1-1163.35, and shall make public the fact of such referral and the basis for the finding.
(2) The Campaign Finance Board, through its General Counsel:
(A) Shall initiate, maintain, defend, or appeal any civil action (in the name of the Campaign Finance Board) relating to the enforcement of the provisions of this subchapter; and
(B) May petition the courts of the District of Columbia for declaratory or injunctive relief concerning any action covered by the provisions of this subchapter.