§ 1–1163.32i. Fair Elections Fund.
(a) There is established as a special fund the Fair Elections Fund ("Fund"), which shall be administered by the Director of Campaign Finance in accordance with subsection (c) of this section.
(b) Revenue from the following sources shall be deposited in the Fund:
(1) Annual appropriations for the Fair Elections Program;
(2) Funds remitted by a participating candidate pursuant to § 1-1163.32h; and
(3) Revenue from fines levied for violations of [this part].
(c) Money in the Fund shall only be used for the purpose of providing public financing for political campaigns of participating candidates and administering the Fair Elections Program.
(d)(1) The money deposited into the Fund shall not revert to the unrestricted fund balance of the General Fund of the District of Columbia at the end of a fiscal year, or at any other time.
(2) Subject to authorization in an approved budget and financial plan, any funds appropriated in the Fund shall be continually available without regard to fiscal year limitation.
(e)(1) In time for inclusion in the Mayor's budget and financial plan each year, and at other times as the Director of Campaign Finance deems necessary, the Director of Campaign Finance shall submit an estimate of the amount of public funds that will be necessary to provide for the following:
(A) Administration of the Fair Elections Program; and
(B) Elections in the next year in which elections are scheduled.
(2) The estimates shall be submitted in a manner and at such times as to ensure that appropriations are allocated in full by the beginning of the fiscal year before the year in which elections are scheduled and to allow additional amounts to be appropriated if necessary.