§ 1–328.13. Requirements for award of grants.
(a) Any grant of $50,000 or more that is made pursuant to an authority described in § 1-328.12 shall be awarded on a competitive basis and solely for the purpose or purposes identified in the statute establishing the grant-making or grant-issuing authority, unless a non-District entity that provides funds to the District to award as grants has rules or requirements that prohibit or otherwise limit competition.
(b) Before providing notice of the availability of grant funds as required by subsection (c) of this section, a grantor shall establish criteria or standards for the selection of a grantee or grantees under the grant program, and shall set priorities among those criteria or standards.
(c) A grantor shall publish notice in the District of Columbia Register for a minimum of 14 days in advance of making or issuing a grant of the following:
(1) A detailed description of the availability of grant funds, including the amount, the number of likely grant awards to be made, and any limitations or requirements on the use of such grant funds;
(2) Eligibility requirements for receiving funds under the grant program, including the requirements in § 1-328.14;
(3) Selection criteria for the awarding of funds under the grant program;
(4) A description of the application process under the grant program, including the date after which applications will no longer be received; and
(5) The date that final determination of grant awards will be made.