§ 1–617.08(Perm). Management rights; matters subject to collective bargaining.
(a) The respective personnel authorities (management) shall retain the sole right, in accordance with applicable laws and rules and regulations:
(1) To direct employees of the agencies;
(2) To hire, promote, transfer, assign, and retain employees in positions within the agency and to suspend, demote, discharge, or take other disciplinary action against employees for cause;
(3) To relieve employees of duties because of lack of work or other legitimate reasons;
(4) To maintain the efficiency of the District government operations entrusted to them;
(5) To determine:
(A) The mission of the agency, its budget, its organization, the number of employees, and to establish the tour of duty;
(B) The number, types, and grades of positions of employees assigned to an agency’s organizational unit, work project, or tour of duty;
(C) The technology of performing the agency’s work; and
(D) The agency’s internal security practices; and
(6) To take whatever actions may be necessary to carry out the mission of the District government in emergency situations.
(a-1) An act, exercise, or agreement of the respective personnel authorities (management) shall not be interpreted in any manner as a waiver of the sole management rights contained in subsection (a) of this section.
(b) All matters shall be deemed negotiable except those that are proscribed by this subchapter. Negotiations concerning compensation are authorized to the extent provided in § 1-617.16.