§ 10–1906. Establishment of advisory committee.
(a) There is established a Walter Reed Army Medical Center Site Reuse Advisory Committee (“Committee”).
(b)(1) The Committee shall consist of the following 9 members:
(A) The Master Developer or the Master Developer’s designee;
(B) The Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development or the Deputy Mayor’s designee;
(C) The Chairman of the Council or the Chairman’s designee;
(D) The Councilmember from Ward 4 or the Councilmember’s designee;
(E) Three community members, appointed by the Mayor, one member each from the Brightwood, Shepherd Park, and Takoma communities;
(F) One member of ANC4A chosen by ANC4A; and
(G) One member of ANC4B chosen by ANC4B.
(2) Members of the Committee appointed pursuant to paragraph (1)(E) of this subsection shall have expertise in economic development, public safety, law, transportation, affirmative action, or local community issues.
(3) Each member of the Committee, except the Master Developer or the Master Developer’s designee, shall be a District resident.
(4) The Chairperson of the Committee shall be designated by the Mayor.
(5) Members shall serve without compensation.
(6) Members shall serve until replaced by their appointing authority.
(7) The member appointed pursuant to paragraph (1)(A) of this subsection shall not be a voting member.
(c) The Committee shall advise the LRA and Master Developer with respect to the following:
(1) The needs of the community, including providing retail uses that are accessible to the community that serve the needs of both the community and visitors to the Walter Reed Army Medical Center Site, and adequate security in and around the Walter Reed Army Medical Center Site;
(2) Parking issues, including parking for persons using or employed at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center Site and the prevention of parking in the surrounding neighborhoods by non-residents of those neighborhoods;
(3) Transportation issues, including:
(A) Proposals for directing traffic to and from the Walter Reed Army Medical Center Site away from the surrounding residential streets;
(B) Providing a method of truck staging to minimize any adverse impact on the surrounding neighborhoods;
(C) Restricting the parking of trucks, trailers, and buses at the Walter Reed Medical Center Site or other areas outside of the area surrounding the Walter Reed Medical Center Site; and
(D) Providing adequate pull-off areas for taxicabs, buses, and shuttles;
(4) Economic-development opportunities that may be created for surrounding neighborhoods as a result of the reuse of the Walter Reed Army Medical Center Site;
(5) The development of environmental guidelines, including the mitigation of adverse noise and air-quality impacts;
(6) Any request for proposal or contract modification for economic-development projects, streetscape or pedestrian movement projects, and transportation or parking projects; and
(7) Other issues directly related to the operation or redevelopment or reuse of the Walter Reed Army Medical Center Site that are likely to have an impact on the community.
(d) A quorum of the Committee shall meet at least 6 times per year.
(e) For the purposes of this section, the term “Master Developer” means the real-estate-development team selected by the Walter Reed LRA to implement the Walter Reed Reuse Plan.
(g) This section shall sunset as of December 31, 2023.