§ 10–301. Definitions.
For purposes of this chapter:
(1) The term “adopt” means to enter into a binding commitment to a program, site, or operation for not less than 1 year in duration.
(2) “Department” means the Department of Parks and Recreation.
(3) “Department activity” means an activity, event, class, program, operation, service, or product for the benefit, enjoyment, education, amusement, or convenience of the public.
(4) “Designated Organizations” means entities designated by the Director pursuant to § 10-137.01.
(5) “Fee-based use permit” means a permit issued by the Department to a person for a fee-based Department activity.
(6) “Friends Groups” means an organization, qualified under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, approved October 22, 1986 (100 Stat. 2085; 26 U.S.C. § 501(c)(3)), and registered under the park partner program, whose mission includes supporting an adopted park or recreation facility by advocating, fundraising, maintaining, and assisting in the planning process for the park or recreation facility adopted.
(7) “Park Partner Agreement” means the agreement between the Department and the Friends Group explaining the duties, rights, and obligations of the Friends Group.
(8) “Planned Unit Development” means a plan for the development of residential, institutional, and commercial developments, industrial parks, urban renewal projects, or a combination of these as defined in the Zoning Regulations of the District of Columbia (11 DCMR § 199).
(9) The term “sponsor” means to pledge or promise support to a program, site, or operation on an intermittent, short-term or one-time basis.