§ 2–1227.01. Definitions.
For the purposes of this subchapter, the term:
(1) "Army" means the United States Department of the Army.
(2) "Administration Payments" means those payments from the Developer and Component Developers to the District to reimburse the District for certain costs associated with the Walter Reed Redevelopment Site and the redevelopment thereof in accordance with the terms of the LDA.
(3) "Base Closure Act" means the Defense Base Closure and Realignment Act of 1990, approved November 5, 1990 (104 Stat. 1485; 10 U.S.C. § 2687, note).
(4) "Certified Business Enterprise" means a business enterprise or joint venture certified pursuant to subchapter IX-A of Chapter 2 of this title.
(5) "Component Developer" means an entity approved by the Mayor pursuant to the terms of the LDA, who shall agree to construct a portion of the Vertical Development on the Walter Reed Redevelopment Site.
(6) "Developer" means TPWR Developer LLC, a joint venure comprised of Hines WR LLC, UAD Walter Reed LLC (Urban Atlantic), and Triden Development Group, LLC and any such successor or assigns as may be approved by the Mayor.
(7) "EDC Agreement" means the agreement between the District and the Army for the Economic Development Conveyance of the Army’s fee simple interest in the Walter Reed Redevelopment Site to the District.
(8) "First Source Agreement" means an agreement governing certain obligations of the Developer and each Component Developer pursuant to § 2-219.03 , and Mayor’s Order 83-265 (November 9, 1983), regarding job creation and employment generated as a result of the construction of the Horizontal Development and the Vertical Developments.
(9) "Horizontal Development" means development and construction of the horizontal and infrastructure work on the Walter Reed Redevelopment Site as required under the LDA.
(10) "LDA" means the Land Disposition Agreement between the District and Developer that memorializes the terms of the disposition of the Walter Reed Redevelopment Site, which shall be consistent with the Term Sheet and this subchapter.
(11) "Legally Binding Agreement" means an agreement between the District, as the Walter Reed LRA, and a homeless assistance provider that commits the provider to implement and operate certain homeless assistance services on the Walter Reed Redevelopment Site, as approved by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
(12) "Memorandum of Agreement" means an agreement between the District, as the Walter Reed LRA, and a public benefit provider for the potential transfer of real property on the Walter Reed Redevelopment Site.
(13) "Term Sheet" means the amended term sheet dated January 28, 2016, executed by the Developer and the Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development.
(14) "Vertical Development" means the development and construction of buildings and associated improvements to the Walter Reed Development Site pursuant to the LDA.
(15) "Walter Reed Common Area Association" means the "Owners’ Association" created pursuant to the terms of the LDA to manage the operations of the Walter Reed Redevelopment Site.
(16) "Walter Reed LRA" means the District of Columbia government, the local redevelopment authority created by Mayor's Order No. 2006-21 and recognized by the Office of Economic Adjustment on behalf of the Secretary of Defense.
(17) "Walter Reed Redevelopment Site" means approximately 66.27 acres of land located on a portion of the area bounded by Fern Street, N.W., and Alaska Avenue, N.W., to the north, 16th Street, N.W., to the west, Aspen Street, N.W., to the south, and Georgia Avenue, N.W., to the east, known as Parcel 0319/0004 and a portion of Parcel 0319/0005.
(18) "Walter Reed Reuse Plan" means the Walter Reed Local Redevelopment Authority Reuse Plan approved by Council pursuant to § 10-1903.
(19) "Walter Reed Site" means the approximately 110.1 acres of land located in the area bounded by Fern Street, N.W., and Alaska Avenue, N.W., to the north, 16th Street, N.W., to the west, Aspen Street, N.W., to the south, and Georgia Avenue, N.W., to the east, and identified in the Walter Reed Reuse Plan at Figure A-01: Site Boundaries and Areas.