§ 24–481.02. Definitions.
For the purposes of this chapter, the term:
(1) "Board" means the Clemency Board established in § 24-481.03.
(2) "Clemency" means the power of the President of the United States to modify an individual's criminal sentence through either commutation or pardon.
(3) "Commutation" means a reduction in a sentence or fine imposed on an individual.
(4) "District offenders" means a person convicted of violating a District law or regulation.
(5) "EOM" means the Executive Office of the Mayor.
(6) "Pardon" means the removal of collateral consequences associated with the punishment imposed on an individual, usually granted to restore an individual's civil rights.