§ 26–1003. Exemptions.
(a) This chapter shall not apply to:
(1) The United States or any department, agency, or instrumentality thereof;
(2) The United States Post Office;
(3) The District of Columbia government;
(4) Banks, bank holding companies, credit unions, building and loan associations, savings and loan associations, savings banks, or mutual banks organized under the laws of any state, the District of Columbia or the United States; provided, that they do not issue or sell payment instruments through authorized delegates who are not banks, bank holding companies, credit unions, building and loan associations, savings and loan associations, savings banks, or mutual banks; or
(5) The provision of electronic transfer of government benefits for any federal or District of Columbia governmental agency as defined in Federal Reserve Board Regulation E or by a contractor for and on behalf of the United States, or any department, agency or instrumentality thereof, or the District of Columbia government.
(b) Authorized delegates of a licensee, acting within the scope of authority conferred by a written contract as described in § 26-1016 shall not be required to obtain a license pursuant to this chapter.