§ 26–1161.01. Definitions.
For the purposes of this chapter, the term:
(1) “Applicant” means a person filing an initial or renewal application for licensure or registration under the Banking Code.
(2) “Application” means an initial or renewal application for licensure or registration under the Banking Code processed through the Department or its designee, such as the NMLS or any other person or third party prescribed by the Commissioner.
(3) “Banking Code” means the statutory provisions concerning banking and financial institutions that are codified in Title 26, laws administered by the Commissioner, and rules and regulations promulgated pursuant to those statutory provisions.
(4) “Commissioner” means the Commissioner of the Department of Insurance, Securities, and Banking.
(5) “Conference of State Bank Supervisors” or “CSBS” means the professional association of state officials responsible for chartering, regulating, and supervising state- chartered commercial and savings banks and state-licensed branches and agencies of foreign banks.
(6) “Department” means the Department of Insurance, Securities, and Banking.
(7) “Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry” or “NMLS” means a mortgage licensing system developed and maintained by the Conference of State Bank Supervisors, the American Association of Residential Mortgage Regulators, or their successors, for the licensing and registration of persons engaged in state-regulated financial service industries.
(8) “State Regulatory Registry, LLC” or “SRR” means the entity that owns and operates the NMLS, or its successor.
(9) “Unique identifier” means a number or other identifier assigned through protocols established by the NMLS.