§ 29–309.01. Definitions.
For the purposes of this subchapter, the term:
(1) “Acquired corporation” means the domestic or foreign corporation whose shares are acquired in a share exchange.
(2) “Acquiring corporation” means the domestic or foreign corporation that acquires shares in a share exchange.
(3) “Merger” means a business combination pursuant to § 29-309.02.
(4) “Party to a merger” or “party to a share exchange” means any domestic or foreign corporation that will:
(A) Merge under a plan of merger;
(B) Acquire shares of another corporation or an eligible entity in a share exchange; or
(C) Have all of its shares or all of one or more classes or series of its shares acquired in a share exchange.
(5) “Share exchange” means a business combination pursuant to § 29-309.03.
(6) “Survivor” in a merger means the corporation into which one or more other corporations are merged. A survivor of a merger may preexist the merger or be created by the merger.