(a) The minimum wage and overtime provisions of § 32-1003 shall not apply with respect to:
(1) Any employee employed in a bona fide executive, administrative, or professional capacity, or in the capacity of outside salesman (as these terms are defined by the Secretary of Labor under 201 et seq. of the Fair Labor Standards Act); or
(2) Any employee engaged in the delivery of newspapers to the home of the consumer.
(b) The overtime provisions of § 32-1003(c) shall not apply with respect to:
(1) Any employee employed as a seaman;
(2) Any employee employed by a railroad;
(3) Any salesman, partsman, or mechanic primarily engaged in selling or servicing automobiles, trailers, or trucks, if employed by a nonmanufacturing establishment primarily engaged in the business of selling these vehicles to ultimate purchasers; or
(6) Any employee employed by a carrier by air who voluntarily exchanges workdays with another employee for the primary purpose of utilizing air travel benefits available to these employees.