§ 32–1691.01. Definitions.
*NOTE: This section was created by emergency legislation with identical permanent legislation that will become effective in December, 2021.*
For the purposes of this subchapter:
(1) "Community training provider" means an entity in the District that has received an IT training grant awarded pursuant to § 32-1691.06.
(2) "Dual-enrollment" means enrollment at both a WIC-approved community-based IT training program and UDC-CC or WDLL.
(3) "IT" means information technology.
(4) "IT Board" means the Information Technology Occupational Advisory Board.
(5) "IT training" means occupational skills training that leads to an industry-recognized credential for IT jobs in any sector.
(6) "Program" means the Information Technology Investment Program established pursuant to § 32-1691.02.
(7) "Program participant" means a District resident who is enrolled in Program training and receiving Program assistance authorized pursuant to § 32-1691.02.
(8) "Program training" means any of the following, collectively or independently, as determined by context:
(A) Credit-bearing courses at UDC-CC that may be applied toward a UDC-CC degree;
(B) WDLL courses; or
(C) IT training through a community training provider.
(9) "Program training providers" means UDC-CC and WDLL, to the extent those entities are engaged in providing Program training, and community training providers.
(10) "Public health emergency" means the Coronavirus (COVID-19) public health emergency declared pursuant to Mayor's Order 2020-046, on March 11, 2020, and all subsequent extensions.
(11) "Satisfactory academic progress" means maintaining an academic standing consistent with the requirements for Program completion, as determined by the Program training provider.
(12) "UDC" means the University of the District of Columbia.
(13) "UDC-CC" means the UDC Community College.
(14) "UDC-CC degree" means the Associate of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or any of the technology academies offered through the UDC-CC.
(15) "WDLL" means the UDC-CC Division of Workforce Development and Lifelong Learning.
(16) "WDLL courses" means Information Technology and Office Administration Career Pathway courses offered through the WDLL.
(17) "WIC" means the Workforce Investment Council, established pursuant to § 32-1603.
(18) "WIOA" means the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, approved July 22, 2014 (128 Stat. 1425; 29 U.S.C. § 3101 et seq.).