§ 32–1691.10. IT Advisory Report.
*NOTE: This section was created by emergency legislation with identical permanent legislation that will become effective in December, 2021.*
No later than September 30, 2022, the WIC shall submit to the Mayor, Council, UDC-CC, WDLL, and community training providers, an IT Advisory Report, which shall contain the following:
(1) The number of District residents needed to meet hiring demands of District employers hiring for IT occupation jobs;
(2) The occupational credentials less than a bachelor's degree needed for District residents to be eligible for employment in IT occupations;
(3) The necessary hard and soft skills needed to succeed in IT occupations;
(4) Target performance outcomes for Program training providers to achieve pertaining to recruitment, enrollment, course or degree completion, credential attainment, employment, average starting wage, and retention of employment at 6 months and one year; and
(5) Recommendations for Program training providers on the following:
(A) New or additional IT courses that Program training providers should offer;
(B) Existing IT course offerings that Program training providers should expand;
(C) IT course content adjustments that could be made to align courses with skills needed on the job in IT occupations;
(D) Equipment and facilities upgrades necessary for relevant IT education and IT training to achieve the recommendations in paragraphs (1), (2), and (3) of this subsection; and
(E) Any other information deemed appropriate by the IT Board.