§ 32–1693.01. Definitions.
*NOTE: This section was created by emergency legislation with identical permanent legislation that will become effective in December, 2021.*
For the purposes of this subchapter:
(1) "BON" means the Board of Nursing established pursuant [to] § 3-1202.04.
(2) "CNA" means a Certified Nursing Aide.
(3) "Community training provider" means an entity that has been approved by the BON to provide training to individuals to attain certification as a CNA, HHA, or MA-C.
(4) "Direct care worker" means an individual who is certified as a CNA, HHA, or MA-C.
(5) "Direct care worker training grant" means a grant issued pursuant to § 32-1693.06.
(6) "Direct care worker training grantee" means a community training provider that has received a direct care worker training grant.
(7) "Dual-enrollment" means enrollment in both a BON-approved training program and the University.
(8) "Healthcare Workforce Partnership" means the entity established pursuant to § 32-1684.
(9) "HHA" means Home Health Aide.
(10) "LPN to AASN degree" means a Licensed Practical Nurse to Associate in Applied Science in Nursing degree.
(11) "MA-C" means Medication Aide Certified.
(12) "Nursing care occupation" means an occupation that requires a worker to be certified as a CNA, HHA, MA-C, LPN, or RN.
(13) "Program" means the DC Nurse Education Enhancement Program established pursuant to this subchapter.
(14) "Program participant" means a District resident who is enrolled in Program training and receiving Program assistance authorized pursuant to § 32-1693.02.
(15) "Program training" means any of the following, collectively or independently, as determined by context:
"(A) Credit-bearing courses at UDC that may be applied toward an RN to BSN degree;
"(B) Credit-bearing courses at UDC-CC that may be applied toward an LPN to AASN degree;
"(C) WDLL courses; or
"(D) Training to obtain a certification as a CNA, HHA, or MA-C, or a CNA to HHA bridge program, through a community training provider.".
(16) "RN to BSN degree" means a Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.
(17) "Satisfactory academic progress" means maintaining an academic standing consistent with the requirements for program completion, as determined by the Program training provider.
(18) "UDC" means the University of the District of Columbia.
(19) "UDC-CC" means the University of the District of Columbia Community College.
(20) "University" means, collectively, UDC, UDC-CC, and WDLL.
(21) "WDLL" means the UDC-CC Division of Workforce Development and Lifelong Learning.
(22) "WDLL courses" means courses offered through WDLL's Healthcare Direct Career Pathway Nursing Assistant program.
(23) "WIC" means the Workforce Investment Council, established pursuant to § 32-1603.
(24) "WIOA" means the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, approved July 22, 2014 (128 Stat. 1425; 29 U.S.C § 3101 et seq.).