§ 32–241. Definitions.
For the purposes of this subchapter, the term:
(1) "Average wage" means the average wage identified in the most recent edition of the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics' State Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates for the District of Columbia.
(1A) "Committees" means the Industry Advisory Committees established pursuant to § 32-247.
(2) "Date of enrollment" means the date on which a participant enrolls in the summer youth jobs program.
(2A) "DCIA" means the DC Infrastructure Academy established by the Mayor.
(3) "Host employer" means a public or private employer that employs a summer youth jobs participant.
(4) "In-school youth" shall have the same meaning provided in section 129(a)(1)(C) of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, approved July 22, 2014 (128 Stat. 1504; 29 U.S.C. § 3164(a)(1)(C)).
(5) "Occupation" means the broad occupational code and associated title assigned to a particular category of work in the most recent edition of the Standard Occupational Classification Manual published by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
(6) "Opportunity Youth" means an individual who is an out-of-school youth at the date of enrollment in the summer jobs program, not regularly employed, and whose level of educational attainment is less than an associate degree.
(7) "Out-of-school youth" shall have the same meaning provided in section 129(a)(1)(B) of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, approved July 22, 2014 (128 Stat. 1504; 29 U.S.C. § 3164(a)(1)(B)).
(8) "Soft skills training" means age-appropriate, non-technical skills training that helps individuals succeed in the workplace and includes training regarding communication, time management, appropriate work attire, and conflict resolution, and education regarding employers' rights to conduct drug tests.