Code of the District of Columbia

§ 32–703. Enforcement by civil action.

Any person or employer may bring a civil action in any court of competent jurisdiction against the appropriate domestic partner(s) to recover damages as a result of:

(1) A false statement in a declaration of domestic partnership or a false assertion of family membership; or

(2) A failure to notify the Mayor or the employer of a change in the status of the domestic partnership or family membership.