§ 38–1806.01. Purpose.
The purpose of this subchapter is:
(1) To leverage private sector funds utilizing initial Federal investments in order to provide students and teachers within the District of Columbia public schools and public charter schools with access to state-of-the-art educational technology;
(2) To establish a regional job training and employment center;
(3) To strengthen workforce preparation initiatives for students within the District of Columbia public schools and public charter schools;
(4) To coordinate private sector investments in carrying out this chapter; and
(5) To assist the Superintendent with the development of individual career paths in accordance with the long-term reform plan.