§ 38–1835.01. Evaluation of charter school authorizing boards.
(a) Management evaluation of the District of Columbia Chartering Authorities for the District of Columbia Public Charter Schools shall be conducted by the Comptroller General of the United States every five years.
(b) Evaluation shall include the following:
(1) Establish standards to assess each authorizer’s procedures and oversight quality.
(2) Identify gaps in oversight and recommendations.
(3) Review processes of charter school applications.
(4) Extent of ongoing monitoring, technical assistance, and sanctions provided to schools.
(5) Compliance with annual reporting requirements.
(6) Actual budget expenditures for the preceding 5 fiscal years.
(7) Comparison of budget expenditures with mandated responsibilities.
(8) Alignment with best practices.
(9) Quality and timeliness of meeting § 38-1802.11(d), as amended.
(c) Initial interim report to Congress. — The Government Accountability Office shall submit to the Committees on Appropriations of the House of Representatives and Senate, no later than May 1, 2005, a baseline report on the performance of each authorizer in meeting the requirements of the School Reform Act of 1995.
(d) Hereafter § 38-1802.14(f), shall apply to the District of Columbia Board of Education Charter Schools Office.