§ 38–771.01. Definitions.
For the purposes of this chapter, the term:
(1) “Authorized personnel” means an individual who has access to Districtwide assessment materials or is directly involved in the administration of a Districtwide assessment.
(2) “Districtwide assessments” shall have the same meaning as provided in § 38-1800.02(13); provided, that for the purposes of this chapter, the term “Districtwide assessment” means assessments used only for accountability purposes.
(3) “IEP” means a student’s individualized education program.
(4) “ELL” means English language learner.
(5) “Local education agency” or “LEA” means the District of Columbia Public Schools system or any individual or group of public charter schools operating under a single charter.
(6) “Test monitor” means an individual designated by a local education agency to be responsible for testing integrity and security at each individual school subject to the LEA’s control during the administration of a Districtwide assessment.
(7) “OSSE” means the Office of the State Superintendent of Education.
(8) “Test integrity coordinator” means an individual designated by a LEA to be responsible for testing integrity and security for the LEA in its entirety during the administration of a Districtwide assessment.
(9) “Testing integrity and security notification statement” means a statement developed by OSSE that:
(A) Sets forth requirements for ensuring integrity of Districtwide assessments pursuant to District law and regulation; and
(B) Notifies the recipient that knowingly and willingly violating a District law, regulation, or test security plan could result in civil liability, including the loss of an OSSE-granted certification or license.