§ 38–822.04a. Central kitchen report.
(a) Within 90 days of October 1, 2019, the Office of Planning shall submit a report to the Mayor and the Council describing best practices for developing a central kitchen in the District to:
(1) Prepare, process, grow, and store healthy and nutritious foods for schools and nonprofit organizations;
(2) Support nutrition education programs; and
(3) Provide job-training programs for students and District residents.
(b) The report required by subsection (a) of this section shall:
(1) Include research and case studies on central kitchen facilities in other jurisdictions;
(2) Identify any agencies that should design, build, or manage a central kitchen facility; and
(3) Consider how a central kitchen facility could assist other facilities serving meals, such as child development centers, senior centers, recreation centers, and corrections facilities.