§ 4–342. Definitions.
For the purpose of this subchapter, the term:
(1) “Attorneys’ fees” means the legal costs and expenses which are directly related to the adoption of a foster child or foster children.
(2) “Foster care” means 24 hour substitute care for children placed away from their parents or guardians for whom the Child and Family Services Agency has placement care and responsibility.
(3) “Foster child” and “foster children” mean a child, or children, who comes under the jurisdiction of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia pursuant to § 16-2320 or whose parents’ rights have been relinquished pursuant to § 4-1406.
(4) “Foster parent” means an individual with whom a foster child is legally placed.
(5) “Homestudy” means the “investigation, report and recommendation” required by § 16-307.
(6) “Related sibling group” means a group of siblings with at least one parent in common, residing together in the home of a foster parent.