§ 44–105.02. Self-determination, choice, independence, participation, and privacy.
(a) A resident shall have the right to be treated at all times as follows:
(3) With full recognition of personal dignity and individuality; and
(4) With assurance of privacy and the opportunity to act autonomously and share in the responsibility for decisions.
(b) A resident of an ALR shall have the right to live in an environment that:
(1) Maintains and enhances the resident’s dignity, independence, and respect in full recognition of his or her individuality and physical and mental capabilities;
(2) Is creatively designed to counter loneliness, depression, dependence, boredom, and designed to manage difficult behavior;
(3) Provides opportunities for socialization, social interaction, leisure activities, and spiritual and religious activities consistent with the preferences and background of the resident; and
(4) Facilitates participation by arranging for transportation and assisting with communication and social skills and other services.