§ 47–2853.142. Eligibility requirements.
(a) An applicant for licensure as a property manager shall establish to the satisfaction of the Board of Real Estate that the applicant:
(1) Is able to read, write, and understand the English language;
(2) Has passed an examination or examinations given by or under the direction of the Board, or any other examination acceptable to the Board;
(3) Is a high school graduate or the holder of a high school equivalency certificate;
(4) Has not had an application for a property manager’s license denied, for reasons other than failure to pass the required examination or examinations, in the District or elsewhere within one year prior to the date on which the application is filed;
(5) Has not had a property manager’s license suspended in the District or elsewhere which suspension is still in effect on the date on which the application is filed; and
(6) Has not had a property manager’s license revoked in the District or elsewhere within 3 years prior to the date on which his or her application is filed.
(b) Persons licensed as real estate brokers in the District are deemed to have satisfied the educational and examination requirements for licensure as property managers, but shall be required to satisfy all other requirements as set forth in this subchapter.