§ 47–310.01. Financial Reports by Mayor.
(a) Submission of quarterly financial reports. — Not later than fifteen days after the end of every calendar quarter (beginning October 1, 1994), the Mayor shall submit to the Committee on the District of Columbia of the House of Representatives, the Committee on Governmental Affairs of the Senate, and the Subcommittees on District of Columbia Appropriations of the House of Representatives and the Senate a report on the financial and budgetary status of the government of the District of Columbia for the previous quarter.
(b) Contents of report. — Each report submitted under subsection (a) of this section with respect to a quarter shall include the following information:
(1) A comparison of actual to forecasted cash receipts and disbursements for each month of that quarter, as presented in the District’s fiscal year consolidated cash forecast which shall be supported and accompanied by cash forecasts for the general fund and each of the District government’s other funds other than the capital projects fund and trust and agency funds;
(2) A projection of the remaining months’ cash forecast for that fiscal year;
(3) Explanations of (A) the differences between actual and forecasted cash amounts for each of the months in the quarter, and (B) the changes in the remaining months’ forecast as compared to the original forecast for those months of that fiscal year;
(4) The effect of these changes, actual and projected, on the total cash balance of the remaining months and for the fiscal year;
(5) Explanations of the impact on meeting the budget, how the results may be reflected in a supplemental budget request, or how other policy decisions may be necessary which may require the agencies to reduce expenditures in other areas; and
(6) An aging of the outstanding receivables and payables, with an explanation of how they are reflected in the forecast of cash receipts and disbursements.
(c) Reporting on nonappropriated funds. — Not later than the date on which the Mayor issues the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report of the District of Columbia for the fiscal year ended September 30, 1994, the Mayor shall submit to the Committees on Appropriations of the House of Representatives and the Senate, the Committee on the District of Columbia of the House of Representatives, and the Committee on Governmental Affairs on the Senate a report on all revenues and expenditures of the general fund of the District that are characterized as nonappropriated in the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report. The report required by this subsection shall include the following information for each category of nonappropriated funds:
(1) The source of revenues;
(2) The object of the expenditures;
(3) An aging of outstanding accounts receivable and accounts payable;
(4) The statutory or other legal authority under which such category of funds may be expended without having been appropriated as part of the District’s annual budget and appropriations process;
(5) The date when such category of funds was first expended on a nonappropriated basis;
(6) The policy or rationale for why the revenues and expenditures of such funds should not be part of the District’s annual budget and appropriations process; and
(7) A reconciliation of the amounts reported under this subsection with the amounts characterized as nonappropriated in the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.