§ 47–4659. The Israel Senior Residences, Lot 60, Square 3848.
(a) Beginning on the 1st day of the half tax year immediately following the date on which site preparation begins, as evidenced by the issuance of a grading permit or excavation permit, whichever is issued first, the Housing Element shall be exempt from real property taxes actually assessed and imposed under Chapter 8 of this title; provided, that:
(1) The first level of concrete shall be laid for the Israel Senior Residences by December 31, 2013;
(2) A certificate of occupancy for the Housing Element shall have been issued within 24 months after the first level of concrete has been laid; and
(3) The affordable units shall be registered on-line within 60 days of issuance of the certificate of occupancy for the Housing Element and shall have been issued on the housing locator at www.dchousingsearch.org, where the affordable units shall be registered and monitored for compliance.
(b) For each deadline set forth in subsection (a) of this section, one 6-month extension may be granted at the discretion of the Mayor.
(c) If the deadlines set forth in subsection (a) of this section, as they may be extended by the Mayor pursuant to subsection (b) of this section, are not met, the Israel Senior Residences, LLC, shall pay to the District a sum equal to the amount of real property tax that would have been imposed on the Israel Senior Residences project in the absence of the exemption provided in subsection (a) of this section.
(d)(1) The exemption from real property taxation provided in subsection (a) of this section shall expire on the date that is the last day of the half tax year immediately following the earlier of the passage of 30 years or the date on which the Housing Element no longer has at least 50% of the total units of the Israel Senior Residences project designated as affordable units.
(2) The owner shall inform the Office of Tax and Revenue when the Housing Element is no longer entitled to the exemption granted by subsection (a) of this section.
(e) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, no fees shall be charged to the developer of the Israel Senior Residences project for any permits related to the construction of the Israel Senior Residences, including private space or building permit fees or public space permit fees. The exemption provided by this subsection shall not include inspection fees for such permits.
(f) For the purposes of this section, the term:
(1) “Affordable units” means residential units affordable to households with incomes between 50% and 80% of the area median income of the Washington, D.C. metropolitan statistical area, as determined annually by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development, or its successor agency, which units shall comprise no less than 100% of the total number of units in the Israel Senior Residences project.
(2) “Housing Element” means Lot 60, Square 3848, on which the residential units and accessory parking of the Israel Senior Residences project shall be constructed.
(3) “The Israel Senior Residences LLC” means the entity that will construct the Israel Senior Residences on Lot 60, Square 3848, or such other taxation lots that may be created from the current Lot 60.