§ 5–1501.12. Functions of the Board.
The Board shall:
(1) Review all reports of allegations of professional negligence, misconduct, or misidentification or other testing error that occurred in the provision of forensic science services or public health laboratory services at the Department;
(2) Periodically review the program standards and protocols related to Department operations;
(3) At least once every 3 years, conduct a review of relevant scientific literature to determine whether modification of any of the manuals and procedures referenced in § 5-1501.04(b) is desirable;
(4) Review and make recommendations as necessary to the Director concerning:
(A) The quality and timeliness of the forensic science services or public health laboratory services at the Department;
(B) New scientific programs, protocols, methods of testing, and forensic technologies;
(C) Plans for:
(i) The implementation of new programs;
(ii) Sustaining existing programs;
(iii) Improving programs, where possible; and
(iv) The elimination of programs no longer needed;
(D) Qualification standards for analyst positions within the Department; and
(E) Any other matters related to the scientific operation of the Department; and
(5) Advise the Director or the Mayor and Council, when it considers appropriate, on matters relating to the Department, forensic sciences services, or public health laboratory services.