(1) “Person” shall include one or more individuals, firms or unincorporated associations, or corporations.
(2) “Director” shall mean the Director of the Department of Motor Vehicles, including assistants or agents duly designated by the Mayor of the District of Columbia.
(3) “Recorder” shall mean an agent responsible for recording liens, appointed by the Director.
(4) “Certificate” shall mean a certificate of title for a motor vehicle or trailer issued by the Director.
(5) “Owner” shall mean the person to whom such certificate is issued by the Director.
(6) “Lien” shall mean any right or interest in or to, any security interest as defined in § 28:1-201 of the District of Columbia Official Code in, or lien or encumbrance upon any motor vehicle or trailer, or the equipment or accessories affixed or sold to be affixed thereto, in favor of a person other than the owner, except:
(A) A sale of such motor vehicle or trailer accompanied by delivery of possession and on execution of the assignment on the back of the certificate covering it; or
(B) Any possessory lien now or hereafter provided by law or any lien acquired in any judicial proceeding.
(7) “Instrument” shall mean any security agreement, as defined in § 28:9-105(l) [see now § 28:9-102(a)(47)] of the District of Columbia Official Code, creating such lien.
(8) “Lien information” shall mean the amount, kind, date of lien, name and address of holder or secured party as defined in § 28:9-105(m) [see now § 28:9-102(a)(72)] of the District of Columbia Official Code, and Recorder’s record number, if any.
(9) "Motor vehicle" means all vehicles propelled by internal-combustion engines, electricity, or steam. The term "motor vehicle" shall not include traction engines, road rollers, vehicles propelled only upon rails or tracks, personal mobility devices, as the term is defined in § 50-2201.02(13), electric mobility devices, as the term is defined in § 50-2201.02(6A), motorized bicycles, as the term is defined in § 50-2201.02(11A), or a battery-operated wheelchair when operated by a person with a disability.