§ 50–921.23. Electric Vehicle Charging Station Pilot Program.
(a) There is established an Electric Vehicle Charging Station Pilot Program ("Pilot Program"), which shall be administered by DDOT.
(b)(1) By January 1, 2019, DDOT shall install at least 15 electric vehicle charging stations, including at least one electric vehicle charging station in each ward. Each electric vehicle charging station shall have the capacity to charge more than one vehicle simultaneously.
(c) All electric vehicle charging stations installed pursuant to subsection (b) of this section shall be capable of collecting and transmitting data in real time to DDOT, including:
(1) The amount of energy consumed at the electric vehicle charging stations;
(2) The location, time of day, and length of time of each use of an electric vehicle charging station; and
(3) How customers paid for the use of an electric vehicle charging station.
(d) Beginning January 1, 2020, and on an annual basis thereafter, DDOT shall submit to the Council and make publically available an annual report that:
(1) Analyzes the data collected pursuant to subsection (c) of this section; and
(2) Makes recommendations regarding:
(A) Whether to continue any agreements entered into pursuant to subsection (b)(2) of this section;
(B) Improving access to electric vehicle charging stations;
(C) Additional locations where electric vehicle charging stations should be installed;
(D) The level of power the electric vehicle charging stations should provide; and
(E) Other policies or programs that could encourage the use of electric vehicles.
(e) DDOT shall publish on its website a map identifying the location of all electric vehicle charging stations. DDOT shall update the map, at a minimum, on a quarterly basis.