§ 7–1141.05. Purpose of the Department.
The Department shall:
(1) Ensure the provision of high-quality behavioral health services by establishing District-wide behavioral health standards and policies;
(2) Foster and promote behavioral health education and disease prevention;
(3) Provide high-quality prevention, treatment, and recovery support services related to mental health disorders, addictions, and the abuse of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs in the District;
(4) Develop and maintain an efficient and cost-effective behavioral health care financing system; and
(5) Implement, monitor, and evaluate the District’s strategic behavioral health plan.