(a) Persons shall have a right to the least restrictive conditions necessary and available to achieve the purposes of habilitation. To this end, the residential facility shall move persons from:
(1) More to less structured living;
(2) Larger to smaller facilities;
(3) Larger to smaller living units;
(4) Group to person residence;
(5) Segregated to integrated community living; or
(6) Dependent to independent living.
(b) If at any time the Director decides that a person should be transferred out of the facility to a less restrictive environment, he or she shall immediately notify the Court pursuant to section 309. Notice shall be provided to the person, the person’s counsel, the person’s advocate for a person with an intellectual disability, if one has been appointed, and the person’s parent or guardian who petitioned for the commitment.