§ 7–1601. Definitions.
For the purpose of this subchapter, the term:
(1) “AIDS” means acquired immune deficiency syndrome or any AIDS-related condition.
(2) “Council” means the Council of the District of Columbia.
(3) “Director” means the Director of the Department of Health, established by Reorganization Plan No. 4 of 1966, effective July 17, 1996.
(3A) “Domestic partnership” shall have the same meaning as provided in § 32-701(4).
(4) “Families” means persons who are related by blood, legal custody, marriage, domestic partnership, having a child in common, or who share or have shared for at least 1 year a mutual residence and who maintain or have maintained an intimate relationship rendering the application of this subchapter appropriate.
(5) “Mayor” means the Mayor of the District of Columbia.