§ 7–2381.01. Definitions.
For the purposes of this subchapter, the term:
(1) "Administer" means the direct application of an epinephrine auto-injection to a human body.
(2) "Authorized entity" means any entity or organization other than a public school, including recreational camps, colleges, universities, day care facilities, youth sports leagues, restaurants, places of employment, and sports arenas.
(3) "Department" means the Department of Health.
(4) "Epinephrine auto-injector" means a disposable drug delivery system with a spring-activated needle that is designed for the emergency administration of epinephrine to a person suffering an episode of anaphylaxis.
(5) "Health care professional" means a physician, physician assistant, or advanced practice registered nurse licensed under Chapter 12 of Title 3.
(6) "Standing order" means a prescriptive order written by a health care professional that is not specific to and does not identify a particular patient.