§ 8–105.01. Purpose.
In enacting this subchapter, the Council of the District of Columbia supports the following statutory purposes and objectives:
(1) To provide for the maximum possible beneficial public use of the District’s wastewater system;
(2) To prevent the introduction of pollutants into the wastewater system which will interfere with the operation of the system or the use or disposal of sludge and residue;
(3) To prevent the introduction of pollutants into the wastewater system which will pass through the system inadequately treated and into receiving waters or into the atmosphere or will otherwise be incompatible with the system;
(4) To improve the opportunity to recycle and reclaim wastewater and sludge from the system;
(5) To prevent tampering or misuse of the wastewater system; and
(6) To provide procedures for complying with the requirements contained in this statute.