§ 8–1441. Definitions.
For the purposes of this subchapter, the term:
(1) “Carrier” means the person who owns the locomotive or motor vehicle, excluding the trailer or rail car, used in transporting any of the hazardous materials identified in § 8-1442.
(2) “Fund” means the Hazardous Materials Reimbursement Fund established by § 8-1447.
(3) “Motor vehicle” means any vehicle propelled by internal-combustion engine, electricity, or steam, other than a vehicle designed to run only on rails or tracks, that is intended or used for moving freight, merchandise, or other commercial loads or property. The term “motor vehicle” shall include any trailer attached to the motor vehicle.
(4) “Person” shall have the same meaning as in § 8-1302(5).
(5) “Rail car” means any vehicle without motor power that is intended or used for moving freight, merchandise, or other commercial loads or property on rails or tracks and is drawn by a locomotive.
(6) “Trailer” means a vehicle without motor power intended or used for carrying freight, merchandise, or other commercial loads or property and drawn or intended to be drawn by a motor vehicle, whether such vehicle without motor power carries the weight of the property wholly on its own structure or whether a part of such weight rests upon or is carried by a motor vehicle.
(7) “Transport” means movement by a rail car or motor vehicle.