§ 8–1774.05. Implementation of the Sustainable Energy Utility contract.
(a) The DOEE shall be responsible for the procurement and monitoring of the contract for the SEU, including:
(1) Drafting and revising the RFP for the SEU;
(2) Staffing the Advisory Board;
(3) Accepting the bids for the SEU contract;
(4) Reviewing bids for the SEU contract; and
(5) All other responsibilities not otherwise expressly delegated to another entity for purposes of operation under this chapter.
(b) At least 90 days before issuing a new RFP for the SEU contract, DOEE shall solicit recommendations from the Board and the public for performance benchmarks for the contract. In preparing the RFP, DOEE shall hold an industry day to solicit the advice and input of private entities that may bid on the contract.
(e) If the DOEE determines that there is not a sufficient bid, DOEE shall modify the RFP, if necessary, and solicit additional bids.
(f) The DOEE shall maintain the brand name adopted pursuant to § 8-1774.06.
(g) The DOEE shall administer the transition from one SEU to another.
(h) Prior to the execution of the contract with the SEU, $775,000 shall be allocated annually for the purposes of:
(1) Preparing the RFP;
(2) Staffing the Board;
(3) Maintaining the brand name adopted pursuant to § 8-1774.06; and
(4) Operating the renewable energy rebate program established by § 8-1774.09.
(i) After the execution of the contract with the SEU, 10% of the annual cost of the SEU contract shall be allocated to DOEE for administrative costs.
(j) The DOEE shall submit to the Council, within 90 days following the end of each fiscal year, a report detailing the expenditures of money from the SETF and EATF during the previous fiscal year. The DOEE shall make this document available to the public on its website within 10 days of its receipt.
(k) The DOEE shall commission, on an annual basis, an independent review of the performance and expenditures of the SEU and shall provide the results of this review to the Board and Council within 6 months of the conclusion of each year of the SEU contract.