§ 8–2201. Definitions.
For the purposes of this subchapter, the term:
(1) “Animal Care and Control Agency” means the agency established by § 8-1802.
(2) “Department” means the Department of Energy and Environment.
(3) “Director” means the Director of the Department of Energy and Environment.
(4) “Licensed wildlife rehabilitator” means a wildlife rehabilitator licensed in any state or the District.
(5) “Wildlife” shall include any free-roaming wild animal, but shall not include:
(A) Domestic animals;
(B) Commensal rodents;
(C) Invertebrates; and
(6) “Wildlife control” means to harass, repel, evict, exclude, possess, transport, liberate, reunite, rehome, take, euthanize, or kill wildlife.
(7) “Wildlife control operator” means a person who is licensed to perform wildlife control services under § 8-2204, but shall not include the Animal Care and Control Agency or a property manager as defined by § 47-2853.141.
(8) “Wildlife control services provider” means the operator of a business which involves the charging of a fee for services in wildlife control.