D.C. Law 22-108. Senior Dental Services Program Act of 2018.
To establish a Senior Dental Services Program to be administered by the Department of Health to provide diagnostic, preventive, and restorative dental health care services to senior citizens 65 years of age or older who are domiciled in the District and have an annual household adjusted gross income of no more than $100,000.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, That this act may be cited as the "Senior Dental Services Program Act of 2018".
Sec. 2. Definitions.
For the purposes of
(1) "Covered dental health care services" means diagnostic, preventive, and restorative dental health care services.
(2) "DOH" means the Department of Health.
(3) "SDSP" means the Senior Dental Services Program established by
Sec. 3. Senior Dental Services Program.
(a) There is established the Senior Dental Services Program, which shall be administered by the Department of Health, in consultation with the Office on Aging, to provide free covered dental health care services to senior citizens 65 years of age or older who are domiciled in the District and have an annual household adjusted gross income of no more than $100,000.
(b) Under the SDSP, DOH shall award grants to provide maximum flexibility to private-practice dental health care providers to promote the health and welfare of low-income senior citizens.
(c) DOH shall provide grantees with the grant funds within 30 days after DOH approves a grant application.
(d) Dental health care providers shall:
(1) Submit a grant application on the form developed by DOH; and
(2) Maintain records of eligible senior citizens served, covered dental health care services provided, and moneys spent for a minimum of 6 years.
(e) To receive covered dental health care services, a senior citizen shall complete a SDSP application certifying that the senior citizen:
(1) Is domiciled in the District of Columbia;
(2) Is 65 years of age or older; and
(3) Has an annual household adjusted gross income of no more than $100,000.
(f) The SDSP shall be funded from the following sources:
(1) In Fiscal Year 2019, $500,000 in recurring local funds;
(2) Federal grants; and
(3) Private donations.
(g) Money in the SDSP shall be used to implement and operate the SDSP.
Sec. 4. Annual report.
By January 1, 2020, and on an annual basis thereafter, DOH shall transmit a report to the Mayor and the Council regarding the performance of the SDSP in the prior fiscal year.
Sec. 5. Rules.
DOH, pursuant to
Sec. 6. Applicability.
(b) The Chief Financial Officer shall certify the date of the inclusion of the fiscal effect in an approved budget and financial plan, and provide notice to the Budget Director of the Council of the certification.
(c)(1) The Budget Director shall cause the notice of the certification to be published in the District of Columbia Register.
(2) The date of publication of the notice of the certification shall not affect the applicability of
Sec. 7. Fiscal impact statement.
The Council adopts the fiscal impact statement in the committee report as the fiscal impact statement required by section 4a of the General Legislative Procedures Act of 1975, approved October 16, 2006 (120 Stat. 2038; D.C. Official Code § 1-301.47a).
Sec. 8. Effective date.
The act shall take effect following approval by the Mayor (or in the event of veto by the Mayor, action by the Council to override the veto), a 30-day period of congressional review as provided in section 602(c)(1) of the District of Columbia Home Rule Act, approved December 24, 1973 (87 Stat. 813; D.C. Official Code § 1-206.02(c)(1)), and publication in the District of Columbia Register.