D.C. Law 22-226. Daytime School Parking Zone Act of 2018.
To establish a process by which an Advisory Neighborhood Commission may request that the District Department of Transportation establish a school parking zone, in which public-school staff may park at designated times.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, That this act may be cited as the "Daytime School Parking Zone Act of 2018".
Sec. 2. School parking zones.
(a) For the purposes of this section, the term:
(1) "ANC" means an Advisory Neighborhood Commission.
(2) "ANC Act" means
(3) "Department" means the District Department of Transportation.
(4) "School parking zone" means a defined area of public roadway near a public school or public charter school in which certain employees of the public school or public charter school, as designated by the Mayor or the Mayor's designee, who are not otherwise eligible to park on such roadway, may park.
(b) Pursuant to
(1) Deny the request by transmitting a written response to the ANC, explaining the reasons for denial; or
(2) Send a proposal to establish a school parking zone to the ANC that transmitted the resolution pursuant to subsection (b) of this section, any adjacent ANC within 1300 feet of the proposed zone, and the public school or public charter school that is near the proposed school parking zone, which shall describe:
(A) The boundaries of the proposed school parking zone;
(B) The methods by which the Department will implement and enforce restrictions on parking in the proposed school parking zone, such as issuing permits to employees of the public school or public charter school or installing parking meters that permit only employees of the public school or public charter school to pay for parking; and
(C) The hours and days that restrictions on parking in the proposed school parking zone will be enforced.
(d) The Mayor, pursuant to
(1) Factors to be considered by the Department when reviewing a proposed school parking zone include:
(A) Preservation of pick-up and drop-off areas for students; and
(B) Determination of the size of a school parking zone; and
(2) Design of, display of, and eligibility requirements for any passes that may be used to implement a school parking zone.
(e) Nothing in
(f) Nothing in
Sec. 3. Applicability.
(a) This act shall apply upon the date of inclusion of its fiscal effect in an approved budget and financial plan.
(b) The Chief Financial Officer shall certify the date of the inclusion of the fiscal effect in an approved budget and financial plan, and provide notice to the Budget Director of the Council of the certification.
(c)(1) The Budget Director shall cause the notice of the certification to be published in the District of Columbia Register.
(2) The date of publication of the notice of the certification shall not affect the applicability of this act.
Sec. 4. Fiscal impact statement.
The Council adopts the fiscal impact statement in the committee report as the fiscal impact statement required by section 4a of the General Legislative Procedures Act of 1975, approved October 16, 2006 (120 Stat. 2038; D.C. Official Code § 1-301.47a).
Sec. 5. Effective date.
This act shall take effect following approval by the Mayor (or in the event of veto by the Mayor, action by the Council to override the veto), a 30-day period of congressional review as provided in section 602(c)(1) of the District of Columbia Home Rule Act, approved December 24, 1973 (87 Stat. 813; D.C. Official Code § 1-206.02(c)(1)), and publication in the District of Columbia Register.